Friday, October 02, 2009

The National Air And Space Museum - Still A Blast

Sure, I've been to the National Air & Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center before, but every time I go I really enjoy myself. With Shira's mom and boyfriend in town we needed something fun to do in the area, and so the Air and Space museum came up. When we learned that Shira's Mom's Boyfriend hadn't been - well, that sealed the deal.

While I've been there before, this was the first time I've made it up to the observation deck and the first time we watched an imax there.

The observation deck was nice, though nothing beats watching planes take off and land at Gravelly Point next to Reagan National Airport.

On the other hand, the Imax completely blew away my expectations. The movie we saw was Figher Pilot: Operation Red Flag, and it was genuinely impressive. The photography was amazing, and so was the action. OK, the story got a bit cheesy - but still, impressive stuff.

As always, just wandering among the planes was a thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment