Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cape Town Adventure - Day 4

Today was a walk-around-and-see-the-local-sites day. Cape Town definitely didn't disappoint. The Castle is not only interesting architecturally, but contains, 3, count 'em 3, museums. I enjoyed each thoroughly.

We also made our way to the Slave Lodge, which tells of the horrific slave conditions within Cape Town itself.

Finally, we made our way through Company Gardens, where we found the oldest tree to be cultivated in South Africa.

I admit it, there were more museums to go to, but even my brain was too full to take in any more information.

Of all the sites we saw, one of the most impressive was an exhibit on Hugh Tracey. Tracey apparently went throughout Africa recording the various types of music performed by the natives.

I can just imagine Hugh explaining to his parents his chosen profession. You want to do what now, son? Are you kidding me?

All in all, a most fun day. And there's still plenty for us to see and learn around town. I know Shira's excited to no end for this.

See all photos from today

No comments:

Post a Comment