Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Adventure Comes to a Close - Our Foster Placement Graduates

Yesterday, our little guy "graduated" from our home and moved into his permanent family. The adventure that started 561 days ago, has come to a close.

As you can imagine, I've got mixed feelings on all of this. On one hand, I'm overjoyed that he's joined such a wonderful family, where I expect he'll grow up to be a happy and healthy young man. And I know Shira and I can look back and know we did a good thing. Perhaps the best thing anyone can do, help a child in need.

On the other hand, there's the letting go part. Yeah, that part isn't so great. Good gosh I'm going to miss that guy. His smile. The way every day was a fresh start. The way he would learn or do something new every day. The absolute miracle of child development - where he went from a baby to an actual person right before my eyes. The early mornings. The late nights. The way he could crawl into my arms and give me a huge when he scared. Being a daddy. I'm going to miss it all.

But letting go is part of the gig.

No matter how I add it up, the good of this situation has outweighed any bad. I'd do it all over again in a minute. And while it hurts, I know this has actually been a success story.

1 comment:

  1. Bye bye little man!! Your aunt EM loves you and will miss you too!

    ReplyDelete