Thursday, June 11, 2009

Deslumpification Techniques

My friend Michelle, over at Facebook, started a fun little topic of what the best way to get out of a slump in the day. I've got a couple of my favorite suggestions below - but I'm curious, what do you do when your day is just dragging? Drop a comment below to share with the group.

My standard methods for getting out of a slump (in no particular order):

  • Eat - It amazes me how big an effect low blood sugar can have on my life outlook
  • Sleep - I've found a 20 minute power nap can reboot my system into thinking it's gotten real rest
  • Running or a walk - there's just something invaluable about stepping away from the problems of the day and getting some exercise.
  • Blog - There's just a nice sense of accomplishment that I get from blogging, which can help turn around a day
  • Shower - I have no idea why this should have such a big impact on my mental outlook, but it does.

  • Laugh - a Daily Show episode can do wonders to loosen up the day

What techniques do you use?

Thanks Michelle!

Update: Two more good suggestions: (1) Drink plenty of water - dehydration can sneak up on you and zap your day (thanks Michelle for the tip!). (2) Change your environment/climate - perhaps the heat or noise is getting to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment