Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Two Color Toys

While looking around for a fresh color scheme to a nav bar menu, I stumbled upon these new color related goodies...

  1. www.coloring.com - this is actually a toy. Sit your kid (or bored programmer) down in front of the computer and have them color in some photos. It's actually a fun way to learn mouse dexterity, and may even keep the little one occupied for a bit. I bet the average 4 year old would have the site figured out way in just a few minutes.
  2. ColorSchemer.com's gallery - You can browse through 3000+ color schemes. You'll want to have a plugin like ColorZilla so you can quickly grab the RGB values from the swatches that are shown to you. I always find it a fun experiment to pick a fairly random color scheme and see what I can build out of it. Don't get me wrong, the results are almost always hideous, but at least it's fun.

What color toys tools are you using these days?

3 comments:

  1. That coloring.com is a good one for my son Josh to try sometime. When he keeps begging me to let him play the Wii, maybe I'll sit him down and see how his online coloring skills are instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan -

    Josh was exactly who I had in mind when I saw this...

    Probably not enough moving parts to keep him interested, but who knows :-)

    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:49 PM

    IF you like coloring.com - you should check out thecolor.com. Same idea - just with way more pictures to color.

    ReplyDelete