Monday, February 09, 2009

2nd Annual West Virginia Getaway

It's hard to believe that just about a year ago, I had the opportunity to join Shira on a short trip to West Virginia. Well, I'm back again!

Once again, we lucked out on the weather, and I managed to get in a terrific run around town in the 50's instead of in the 20's and snow.

I have to say, I still really love this place. Everything about it seems quaint and historical, and the scenery is gorgeous. Even the college kids I ran by seemed in their own safe little bubble. Below are a few snapshots of the surrounding countryside. My camera phone can hardly do the scene justice.

Oh, and check it out - here's the town's version of rush hour. This appears to be the largest intersection in town, and it's governed by a 4 way stop. No fancy shmancy stop lights here.

I said it last year, and I'll say it again this year - I love being totally mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment