Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Instant Online Collaboration - Skrbl

Tonight, I wanted to explain a design concept - but wasn't quite able to do it over the phone. A quick Google search, and I found skrbl.com. It's an online whiteboard that you can use without even registering. Just click here:

skrbl now

Sharing the whiteboard with someone else is as easy as IM'ing/E-mailing them the URL of your diagram. For example, consider this example, which you're encouraged to play with.

I have this sensation that Skrbl is a well known app, and I've just been out of the loop. But I have to say, this could be exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to running phone meetings. It's faster and more convenient that sharing my desktop, but still let's me get visual with folks on the phone.

Update: GE's white boarding app is also very slick. It's cleaner than skrbl and seems just as powerful. It's just lacking one thing - the ability to collaborate on a drawing in real time. Oh well. That feature's just too cool.

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Dabbleboard? I think you'll find it much more powerful and easier to use. And it does support real-time collaboration as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't known about dabbleboard - that's really impressive.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete