Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Add a text overlay in Windows Movie Maker

Today I shot a video for i2x (it's awaiting approval by our CFO, so I can't share it yet) and wanted to add our website address on top of the video of me yammering away.

It took me longer than I expected to figure out how to do this. Here's what I did:

  1. Went to Tools » Titles and Credits...
  2. Clicked on Title on the selected clip
  3. Entered my web address
  4. Clicked on Change the title animation
  5. Selected Subtitle
  6. Clicked Add Title

This added a clip to the Title Overlay section of the timeline, which I could then drag around.

While, for the most part, I'm enjoying MS Vista, I have to say the Help functionality leaves a bit to be desired. In MS Movie Maker, I clicked on Help and then searched for title overlay. Here's what I got:

I got such gems as Working with windows, Using your keyboard and Rename a network connection. Not exactly what I had in mind when I was looking for help on making a movie.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kingpin11:35 AM

    this helped so much thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for that. was worried i would have to re-apply it to each clip on the timeline. the change in size of the text is a bit annoying. seems to go from far too big, to impossible to read...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Yes, but still can't put that title on the top of the clip?

    ReplyDelete