Friday, August 25, 2006

Flying the friendly skies

We are on our way to Rochester, and as a bit of a treat, are flying rather than driving.

This is my first time flying since the London scare. It turns out, other than the no liquids ban, there doesn't seem to be any other changes in security. The screening process was the same as always, with no big lines or delays.

We stopped over in Pittsburgh, PA and I was impressed what a nice airport it was. Not too busy, and a handful of places to eat that weren't greasy fast food chains.

I'm also getting to make my way through Tiom DeMarco's and Timothy Lister's "Peopleware" - and as expected, loving it. It's reminding me of the first time I read How To Win Friends And Influence People - all this useful advice I had heard throughtout the years had its source in that book.

The same here, many of the good manangement ideas and practices that I've heard before are mentioned in Peopleware. I've also read other stuff by Tom DeMarco (Slack is a must read!) so I already knew I liked his general philosophies on magement.

Overall, the trip is going well.

And as Boing Boing exclaimed - we are clearly winning the Global War On Moisture.

--Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment